Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramu4000
Frequent Visitor

How to Refresh Your Power BI Report with On-Premises Data

Hi,

I got 2 reports from my collegue, both using same oracle datasources. 1st report when I import or open in Power BI desktop and publish, i can see the report in Power BI service webpage and also can Schedule Refresh the report using "Use a data gateway".

But the 2nd report after I publish same way from Power BI desktop, i can see "Use a data gateway" option disabled only Personal gateway enabled. I am unable to do schedule refresh with On Premises gateway. 

Can someone help me how to enable "Use a data gateway" option ?  and why for 1 report it is showing and another it doesn't any reason ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wow thats great, it solved my problem.

Actually my 2nd report has 3 datasources, 2 are from web, 1 sharing same datasouce as 1st report.

After reading your article created 2 web datasources and tried schdule refresh with on premises gateway it workks.

thanks,

Ram

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cosborn1231
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @ramu4000,

For clarity here, is the 2nd report using a different underlying data source(s)?

If so: the Data Gateway Admin needs to register those data sources used within the 2nd report  (if they are on premises data sources) to do this under settings< Gateway click the Manage Gateway hyperlink.

The account associated with the gateway also will need to have the correct permissions to query the underlying data sources you are using. Once these sources are added and permissioned correctly your gateway should be able to be leveraged.

I have a blog on this as well:

http://www.businessintelligencebuilder.com/#!Power-BI-Gateways/c21xo/57858f6a0cf25aa82d55635c

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Wow thats great, it solved my problem.

Actually my 2nd report has 3 datasources, 2 are from web, 1 sharing same datasouce as 1st report.

After reading your article created 2 web datasources and tried schdule refresh with on premises gateway it workks.

thanks,

Ram

@ramu4000

Awesome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors