Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnilLom2022
Regular Visitor

How to Publish series of pictures in PBI

Dear PBI Experts,

Please can you help me?

I have lots of pictures taken from site to show progress. However, I am finding it difficulty to dig out historical pics. I was wondering if there is any way in PBI this can be achieved. What I mean is, if I have a date slicer, upon selecting a date, I want a table showing pictures of the site. Is this something can be achieved?

Anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnilLom2022 ,

You can't use the share link of OneDrive Directly. You can use the embed function in OneDrive to get embed code.

If you are using OneDrive for Business, it does not support embed function. You can get the image url by using the view original function.(Due to some reasons of sign in, this solution will not works perfectly in some condition)

vjianbolimsft_0-1663899799922.png

Some alternatives that you can try are:

• opening an account in a picture hosting site, such imgur. That should give you enough privacy for the pictures hosted there.
  • store the images in other systems that can generate a usable direct link (i.e: begin with https://— and end with the image type PNG, JPG, JPEG, or GIF) for instance a CRM (Hubspot will work for sure)
  • store the images in your company's website (I have tried this with Content Mangement Systems such Wordpress, in the media folder of the website you can store the pictures and use them without necessarily publishing on any webpage)
  • check if your company is using any other system or online storage solution that generates a direct link for the pictures saved in it.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnilLom2022 ,

You can't use the share link of OneDrive Directly. You can use the embed function in OneDrive to get embed code.

If you are using OneDrive for Business, it does not support embed function. You can get the image url by using the view original function.(Due to some reasons of sign in, this solution will not works perfectly in some condition)

vjianbolimsft_0-1663899799922.png

Some alternatives that you can try are:

• opening an account in a picture hosting site, such imgur. That should give you enough privacy for the pictures hosted there.
  • store the images in other systems that can generate a usable direct link (i.e: begin with https://— and end with the image type PNG, JPG, JPEG, or GIF) for instance a CRM (Hubspot will work for sure)
  • store the images in your company's website (I have tried this with Content Mangement Systems such Wordpress, in the media folder of the website you can store the pictures and use them without necessarily publishing on any webpage)
  • check if your company is using any other system or online storage solution that generates a direct link for the pictures saved in it.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AnilLom2022
Regular Visitor

Dear Jianbo Li,

Thank you very much for providing solution. I've uploaded pics in One-Drive and not able to generate Embed code for the image. Do you know why? I dont see any options. I've tried with one drive link, its not working

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnilLom2022 ,

Based on your descriptions, I have created a simple sample:

vjianbolimsft_0-1663813570928.png

First, change the data type of url to Image URL

vjianbolimsft_1-1663813595047.png

Then apply it to the table visual:

vjianbolimsft_2-1663813666517.png

Create a slicer of date:

vjianbolimsft_3-1663813698557.png

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_4-1663813716082.png

vjianbolimsft_5-1663813726383.png

Refer to: Display images in a table or matrix in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.