cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UdayKiran
Regular Visitor

How to Page Navigation in Power BI Desktop

Hi All,

How to create a link between Page1 to Page2  in power bi desktop ,like Hyperlink same as in the Excel.I tried create a link between the pages using the text area but it is not working. 

Any Help.....

Thanks in Advance... 

UdayKiran.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Baskar Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: How to Page Navigation in Power BI Desktop

Great idea u have , Its working in tableau .

But here there no option to do like this sorry, 

Hope in future they will add 

View solution in original post

carinat Advocate I
Advocate I

Highlighted
Microsoft Eric_Zhang
Microsoft

How to create a link between Page1 to Page2  in power bi desktop ,like Hyperlink same as in the Excel.I tried create a link between the pages using the text area but it is not working.  

I think the reason Excel containing the link between pages is that there're occasions referencing cells from other sheets.

However the pages in power bi are visualizations and all the data can be seen in the data view and referenced in the report. So In my personal opinion, I don't see a necessity of that feature, you can switch pages by clicking on the page tab. However you can still report this idea on power bi ideas and people who have the same requirement would vote it up.

14 REPLIES 14
Baskar Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Great idea u have , Its working in tableau .

But here there no option to do like this sorry, 

Hope in future they will add 

carinat Advocate I
Advocate I

Highlighted
Microsoft Eric_Zhang
Microsoft

I think the reason Excel containing the link between pages is that there're occasions referencing cells from other sheets.

However the pages in power bi are visualizations and all the data can be seen in the data view and referenced in the report. So In my personal opinion, I don't see a necessity of that feature, you can switch pages by clicking on the page tab. However you can still report this idea on power bi ideas and people who have the same requirement would vote it up.

DChase

100% necessity.  When you accumulate 10 or more tabs for example it would be much more helpful to have a HOME PAGE that allowed a user to navigate with HYPERLINKS to selected views.

The tab construct was a great invention 25 years ago BUT Pretty Cro-Magnon when it comes to a modern BI interface.

MasterShake

It's an absolute necessity! How anyone could think it's not, is beyond me??????????????????????????????????????

MasterShake

I agree. It would be faster to sort through a file cabinet, than it is to continuously click through views until you find the one you are looking for.

sits Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, in 2017 can I have hyperlinking between pages please?

I know, you're going to tell me to vote for this functionality in some other thread.  No thanks.  I'm just going complain about how hopelessly unfunctional Power BI is so more and more people can discover this for themselves via SEO.  Maybe I'll check back in 2018 to see if this has been sorted -- long after I've told everyone steer clear of Power BI.

Microsoft Eric_Zhang
Microsoft

@sits wrote:

Hi, in 2017 can I have hyperlinking between pages please?

I know, you're going to tell me to vote for this functionality in some other thread.  No thanks.  I'm just going complain about how hopelessly unfunctional Power BI is so more and more people can discover this for themselves via SEO.  Maybe I'll check back in 2018 to see if this has been sorted -- long after I've told everyone steer clear of Power BI.

@sits

I think the feature is on the roadmap. See the drillthough page in this video(starts at 52:00).

TePe Helper III
Helper III

...well, it's giving you even more like passing filter criteria... A "simple link" between pages is still not possible as far as I know... Or a simple klick on a KPI visualization can't bring you to an other page...

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors