cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

How to Optimize Memory Usage?

Hi!

Please help me how to optimize the memory usage in Power BI Desktop. I got the message that I've runned out of memory during refresh. I've a complex database with many calculated columns, and about 10 tables. I'm running a 64 bit version with 8 GB memory. I tried to delete columns which are needn't but it's not enough!

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to Optimize Memory Usage?

Hi @kissmate,

I would suggest using Direct Query instead of import mode. Adding more memory is also a good idea. Besides, I can't find out a good method that can make a big change. There are also many post you can reference: 

1. power-bi-performance-tips-and-techniques

2. Power-BI-in-memory-RAM-Overload

3. powerbi-learning-2-4-optimize-data-models

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kissmate,

I would suggest using Direct Query instead of import mode. Adding more memory is also a good idea. Besides, I can't find out a good method that can make a big change. There are also many post you can reference: 

1. power-bi-performance-tips-and-techniques

2. Power-BI-in-memory-RAM-Overload

3. powerbi-learning-2-4-optimize-data-models

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Dale!

Thank you for your help, I will try to do the model with Direct Query instead of Import!

Regards,
Mate