Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bgumma

How to Migrate 100's of Power Pivot Excel workbooks from SharePoint 2013 On-Premesis to SPO

Hi Team ,

would like to get some help to know the best way to migrate large number of [I.e. More than 1500 ] Power Pivot Excel workbooks from SharePoint 2013 On-Premesis to SharePoint Online.

As per my research we do have only one method suggested by Microsoft i.e. Import Pivot Excel workbook into Power BI Manually.

Right now , in my current assignment I've a scenario like we do have 100's of Power Pivot excel workbooks are there in SharePoint 2013 and we've to migrate it to SharePoint Online

as part of migration.

Could you please share your thought's (or) suggestions on this .

Thanks,
Babu.

4 REPLIES 4
Prateeek
Employee
Employee

test

@bgumma wrote:

Hi Team ,

would like to get some help to know the best way to migrate large number of [I.e. More than 1500 ] Power Pivot Excel workbooks from SharePoint 2013 On-Premesis to SharePoint Online.

As per my research we do have only one method suggested by Microsoft i.e. Import Pivot Excel workbook into Power BI Manually.

Right now , in my current assignment I've a scenario like we do have 100's of Power Pivot excel workbooks are there in SharePoint 2013 and we've to migrate it to SharePoint Online

as part of migration.

Could you please share your thought's (or) suggestions on this .

Thanks,
Babu.

test

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bgumma ,

Maybe you can try to use sharepoint folder to get data and combine same structure work sheets.

Combining Excel Files hosted on a SharePoint folder with Power BI

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thanks for your suggestion , I've followed the same with Plain Excel Workbooks and works well . Even I'm able to do the data refresh and scheduling also for those files in Power BI.

But the problem is with the Power Pivot Report Excel Workbooks , whenever I have followed the same process as above with the Power Pivot Excel Workbooks Data Refresh / Scheduling is not supporting by Power BI.

And the data in the excel file is pulling from SharePoint Lists . Please let me know if you've any Idea how to manage data refresh for Power Pivot (or) is there any restriction form Power BI for Power Pivot.

Thanks , 

Babu.

Hi @bgumma ,

Did you apply any advanced operations to merge online and on premises data source? AFAIK, scheduled refresh not suitable with mixed datasource tables.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.