Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlainD
Frequent Visitor

How to; Measure with dynamic count based on filters?

Hi, 

After receiving an answer to my question yesterday I ended up with many more questions. I appear to be stuck and not able to solve below. What I want is a Measure to count the amount of data in a Column and it should be dynamic when i change filters it should change accordingly.

When i simply add the column with the data in it into a visual it shows the same amount as the total amount of rows in the column. However i want it to only show the count of the values that have a 1 or "On Time" .

This is to show in two seperate cards On time performance and Late perfomance. 

When combining the on time performance in a Multiple card it does makes the split.

Please see example below.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AlainD you can easily add filter in your measure

Base Count = COUNTROWS ( Table )

On Time Count = CALCULATE ( [Base Count], Table[On Time/Late] = "On Time" )

Late Count = CALCULATE ( [Base Count], Table[On Time/Late] = "Late" )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AlainD you can easily add filter in your measure

Base Count = COUNTROWS ( Table )

On Time Count = CALCULATE ( [Base Count], Table[On Time/Late] = "On Time" )

Late Count = CALCULATE ( [Base Count], Table[On Time/Late] = "Late" )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you @parry2k , you've really saved me here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.