Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kulapjit

How to, Line chart can zoom in and out follow year/month/date/Hr.

I have a lot of data,that is the 1 point per hour and i store data in year, after i use line chart plot for monitor i cant zoom the date for look the date in hour unit. Please HELP! (NOTE. I use timeline tool to help for this case but the timeline tool so big in dashboard, i dont want to use it.)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kulapjit,

Based on your description, you want to use the drill down option to view data following date time hierarchy, right? If that the case, firstly, drill down feature is not supported in line chart, this is by design. Currently the drill down feature is only available in the following visualizations.

Bar Chart
Column Chart
Clustered Bar Chart
Clustered Column Chart
100% Stacked Bar Chart
100% Stacked Column Chart
Line and Stacked Column Chart
Line and Clustered Column Chart
Waterfall Chart
Scatter Chart
Pie Chart
Treemap
Map
Filled Map
Funnel
Donut Chart

Secondly, you can choose bar chars or column charts to display your data and use drill down feature. And please note that Power BI automatically adds a time hierarchy that includes Year, Quarter, Month and Day. As you need to view hour data, you will need to include time column into your table and drag Date/Datetime column along with time column in the Axis field bucket, here is an example for your reference.
Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kulapjit

plz

Hi @kulapjit,

Based on your description, you want to use the drill down option to view data following date time hierarchy, right? If that the case, firstly, drill down feature is not supported in line chart, this is by design. Currently the drill down feature is only available in the following visualizations.

Bar Chart
Column Chart
Clustered Bar Chart
Clustered Column Chart
100% Stacked Bar Chart
100% Stacked Column Chart
Line and Stacked Column Chart
Line and Clustered Column Chart
Waterfall Chart
Scatter Chart
Pie Chart
Treemap
Map
Filled Map
Funnel
Donut Chart

Secondly, you can choose bar chars or column charts to display your data and use drill down feature. And please note that Power BI automatically adds a time hierarchy that includes Year, Quarter, Month and Day. As you need to view hour data, you will need to include time column into your table and drag Date/Datetime column along with time column in the Axis field bucket, here is an example for your reference.
Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.