Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Keep Default Values in the Slicer

Hello All, 

I have 3 Slicers  

• Program Name (Single Select)
  • Category Name (Single Select)
  • Metric Name (Multiple Select)

rasala583_0-1594418995166.png

Program Name is my main Slicer

Each Program has a different set of Category Name and Metric Names

My requirement is when I Select a Program Name, I would like to keep the TOP names as Default in both Category and Metric  

Example:

If I select Progem Name :- C&I New Consutruction then I have the to see top name OutputMetrics in Category and Apps Aporoved in Metirc Name selected as default

rasala583_1-1594418995174.png

There is no Common Category Name and Metric Name between Programs (each program has different set of Category Name and each Category has different Metric Names)

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous unfortunately with current slicer it is not possible to auto select a value.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.