Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MYDATASTORY
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to Hyperlink Power BI Report to Dynamic 365 CRM Record

Hi Everyone,

Please advise how to hyperlink the Power BI report/individual record to Dynamic 365  record (I have GUI as Primary key(Globally Unique identifier)). I have a  Power BI report which has a table and it has it Primary Key which is GUI from  Dyanamic 365 and I would like when user wants to view more data they can follow the hyperlink to the actual record in Dynamic 365. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MYDATASTORY create a column with url in your table and then on modelling tab, change date category for this column to Web url.

When you drop this column in table visual, it will show a clickable url.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k  Thanks for the response I had tried this before which is fine, but the next step is how to get the actual CRM URL from Dynamic 365 and dynamically change when the user clicks the Power BI report. I was trying to follow below link  but I am unable to find    /viewer/drillopen.aspx?ID={” & Opportunities[OpportunityId] & “}&LogicalName=opportunity

from  below url which he has given as sample 

Opportunity Link = “https://yourorganization.crm.dynamics.com/CRMReports/    (I can not find the other bits from CRM)

https://crmtipoftheday.com/782/hyperlink-from-powerbi-to-dynamics365/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.