Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RaffiKouzoudj
Helper III
Helper III

How to Hide columns on Tables dynamically

Hello,

I am using a table to present data of multiple products. However, we have products that do not have text value under specific columns. Hence, when that product is chosen I do not want to display those columns that do not have any text. Is there a way to do this on Power BI tables? to hide columns dynamically?

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RaffiKouzoudj ,

Has your problem been solved?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lionel,

Thank you for replying to my question. The example that is available under the link is using integer values. Whereas, the clumns that i am trying to hide are in TEXT datatype. so I believe the solution provided using SUM and PIVOT will not work for my case.

Best,

Raffi K.

Hi Lionel,

Thank you for replying to my question, While I was checking for a solution I saw the post; however, the example provided is working with numbers (integers) whereas my columns are in text. so I am not sure whether the proposed solution will work in my case, since I can not use Pivot and SUM functionalities on text variables.

Best,

Raffi K.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I doubt you can hide dynamically.

Check if bookmark can help :https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Thank you Amit for your answer.

Actually the bookmark works however with bookmarks, I need to create 14 buttons since I have 14 different combinations (products data). Plus, with Bookmarks the buttons should be use first at the top most of your dashboard.

Best,

Raffi K.

Hi @RaffiKouzoudj ,

The best way is to do it with DAX, you can refer to this article.

Dynamic Hideable Columns in Power BI Table Visual 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.