Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ujeyakum
Regular Visitor

How to Hide a Column in power Bi

Hi All,

Can you please help me how to hide "Column A" in table but that column should be in order.

For example.

powerbi.JPG

Spoiler

Thanks,

Jeyakumar.

9 REPLIES 9
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ujeyakum,

On PBI if you rigth click the column name or table you can select the option Hide, this will hide the column from the visualization however you are abble to use it in your measures and calculations and is visible on the tables view in a grey format.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

how about dynamically by selecting the unwanted columns from a slicer?

Hi @ujeyakum,

You could adjust the column width manually. In your table visualization, hover your mouse over your column heading that you want to "hide" and move it to the right until the mouse cursor changes to a <-||->, then you could adjust the width of this column.

For the better visualization, you 'd better turn off the Word wrap in the format pane. The below should be your expected output.

Untitled.png

Hope it can help you!

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

Thanks for your reply.

I did the same but when you export the report it showing the column. How can i avoid that also.

Can you pls help me on this.

Thanks ,

Jeyakumar.

Hi @ujeyakum,

It seems that there is no options for us to achieve it in Power BI currently.

I suggest you could vote the ideas below which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Hide/Show Column on Table

Allow Table and Matrix Data Exports to Match PowerBI Visual

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hide.JPG

If you right click on column you will get options as screenshot.

select the hide option that particular column will be hide.If you want you can unhide the column

Regards,

Bajee.

Hi Bajee,

Thanks for your reply.

We are able to hide the column in a table, but when we export the data its showing with hidden column as well.

Can you please help me with this.

Hi @ujeyakum,

What you want is to keep the Sr.No. in order?

If this is the point try to do the sort order choosing the column you want to sort the values by default. Not really sure if irt will work with your dataset since there isn't to much information.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@ujeyakum

Yes, When you export the data from visual still we can able to see hided columns.

I don't thing so we can archive this.

Regards,

Bajee.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors