Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

damit23183
Employee
Employee

How to Hide Header in Matrix Table

Hi, 

I am trying hide header part of Matrix table (PowerBI), however, i would like to keep other part of the Matrix Header (Row and Column Value both). Please see screen shot below to see what i am looking for,

I have this; Red Highlighted part, i would like to remove or hide because currently I have put DOT "." but does not look good.

Table.JPG

The expected format is below;

Table.JPG

As you can see i would like to keep ROW and COLUMN Headers value but would like to hide Headers name. I can do everything else just not getting how would I hide headers.

Any Suggestion or Advise? Hope this is enough explanation. If you need more please let me know would be more than happy to share with you.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
kristofferwest
Advocate I
Advocate I

There is another way 🙂

kristofferwest_0-1606311310034.png

In this I have a header over the "green" box, but it is hidden with field formating:

kristofferwest_1-1606311376626.png

This cannot also be applied to columns where you don't want to show totals for a specific column

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @damit23183

For matrix,there's no such functionality that can hide the headers.But i have a workaround for you:

First create a Rectangle,and set the color of "line" and "fill" to white:

Annotation 2020-05-08 134947.pngAnnotation 2020-05-08 135009.png

Then move the Rectangle to the part where you wanna "hide",press ctrl and right click on the visuals of rectangle and matrix,set "group",as you see below:

Annotation 2020-05-08 135552.png

Then magic happens:

Annotation 2020-05-08 135716.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Your idea is good but does not look like it will work because when user move their mouse it will be flip flop show off. This is the reason when user can easily see that hidden part.

Thanks though for nice trick.

Thanks

Hi @damit23183 ,

Pls check whether below links will help:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/hide-matrix-headers/td-p/497460

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57924019/show-hide-column-in-power-bi-table-matrix-visual

If not,I suggest you propose an idea via below link to make this feature come soon.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
sanimesa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@damit23183  You could create a rectangle shape and overlay that part of the matrix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors