Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to: Get Last Refreshed Date in local DST time in 5 clicks

Not looking for help - trying to help.

As many in this forum I have been looking for a way to show the correct Last refreshed datetime in my reports published to the Power BI Service.

I am located in Denmark and we have Daylight Saving Time and when updating my data in the Power BI Desktop the datetime showed the correct data. But alas, when refreshing the same report once published to the Power BI service suddenly showed UTC timezone.

I look at different solutions and ended up with a simple solution that I hope others can use.

In Denmark we switch the time the last Sunday in March and October.

Solution:

1. Create a blank query and open advanced query

2. Copy/paste the code below and voila

You can adjust the dates for the DST switch and +/- hours to suit your timezone.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows({{Date.Year(DateTime.LocalNow())}},{"Year"}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Year", Int64.Type}}),
    #"DST Start Date" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "DST StartDate", each Date.AddDays(#date([Year],3,31),Date.DayOfWeek(#date([Year],3,31), Day.Sunday)*-1)),
    #"DST End Date" = Table.AddColumn(#"DST Start Date", "DST EndDate", each Date.AddDays(#date([Year],10,31),Date.DayOfWeek(#date([Year],10,31), Day.Sunday)*-1)),
    #"Last Refreshed UTC" = Table.AddColumn(#"DST End Date", "Last Refreshed (UTC)", each DateTimeZone.RemoveZone(DateTimeZone.UtcNow())),
    #"Last Refreshed" = Table.AddColumn(#"Last Refreshed UTC", "Last refreshed", each if DateTime.Date([#"Last Refreshed (UTC)"]) > [DST StartDate] and  DateTime.Date([#"Last Refreshed (UTC)"]) < [DST EndDate] then [#"Last Refreshed (UTC)"] + #duration(0,2,0,0) else [#"Last Refreshed (UTC)"] + #duration(0,1,0,0)),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Last Refreshed",{"Year", "DST StartDate", "DST EndDate", "Last Refreshed (UTC)"})
in
    #"Removed Columns"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's pleasant that you can share your sloution to us, people who meet a similar problem will be very happy with it.

Thanks & Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's pleasant that you can share your sloution to us, people who meet a similar problem will be very happy with it.

Thanks & Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.