Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamuka
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to Get Details of Matrix like in Pivot Table in Excel

Hello all,

as you all know when you click a values cell in a pivot table it opens a new sheet which shows you all your data for selected cell. 

I'd like to have this feature in Power BI matrix visual, where user select a cell and in a new page table will shows only relevant data.

But all I can found is drill through option, which only works for visuals.

could it be possible in power bi?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jamuka ,

First I still don't understand what you mean by the solutions working with visualizations, matrix and tables are visualizations also.

No need to have the slicers added using a drilltrough page the results will be filtered accordingly to the context of the value in the table.

In the example below you can check what I mean. I have a simple table of sales with Date, product, revenue, units and zip code.

In the detail page I have made a table with all the values and place revenue and units on the drill trough:

MFelix_0-1643200514733.png

I have made a matrix table with the values aggregated that makes my drill trough available:

MFelix_1-1643200581724.png

When you go to the drill trough page you can check that the rows values were added to the filter context of the drill trough wihout any need of additional filters:

MFelix_2-1643200636230.png

So the context of the matrix will be transfered to the detail has you can see the totals on the detail are the same has the matrix, in this case I have made it with a column but if you use your measure in the detail page it will work properly.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jamuka
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @Greg_Deckler and @MFelix ,

thank you for your replies. Correct me if I'm wrong but both of your solutions work on visuals?

Below you can see a sample of my mtarix and expected result.

I assume adding slicers to table which also syncs with my detail table will be best option for me.

My Matrix Table, where user will select a cellMy Matrix Table, where user will select a cellDetail Table,  shows selected cells data.Detail Table, shows selected cells data.

regards

Hi @jamuka ,

First I still don't understand what you mean by the solutions working with visualizations, matrix and tables are visualizations also.

No need to have the slicers added using a drilltrough page the results will be filtered accordingly to the context of the value in the table.

In the example below you can check what I mean. I have a simple table of sales with Date, product, revenue, units and zip code.

In the detail page I have made a table with all the values and place revenue and units on the drill trough:

MFelix_0-1643200514733.png

I have made a matrix table with the values aggregated that makes my drill trough available:

MFelix_1-1643200581724.png

When you go to the drill trough page you can check that the rows values were added to the filter context of the drill trough wihout any need of additional filters:

MFelix_2-1643200636230.png

So the context of the matrix will be transfered to the detail has you can see the totals on the detail are the same has the matrix, in this case I have made it with a column but if you use your measure in the detail page it will work properly.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hello @MFelix,

I didn't thougtt matrix as a visual when I said visuals I meant charts, my mistake.

Also I didn't know you can use drillthrough with a matrix, every material that I found shows it with a chart.

thank you for your help.

regards

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jamuka,

The drill trough works for all the visuals matrix tables included the question is that you need to use the field of the matrix in the drill trough so if you are looking at a measure place it on the drill trough filter on the other page. 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@jamuka Perhaps take a look at Report Page Tooltips.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.