Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to GA data in an easy way

Hi

When I try to use Event Label and Total Events I get very strange data on Total Events.

Its like the minimum level suddenly are 3456 or similar. It seems that it is no conection between Event Label and Total Events.

I have also tried to read about this in many places but I am still very confused. It must be possible to get corret data from GA to Power BI.

Or?

//Olle

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You got wrong data when connecting to Google Analytics from Power BI desktop, right?

The Google Analytics content pack and the connector in Power BI Desktop rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API. As such, features and availability may vary over time. We cannot guarantee the results of your queries when using this connector. Reference: Google Analytics connector for Power BI Desktop

Personally, I think you can try to refresh data first. If possible, you can update the desktop to the neweast version for a test. If you still have the wrong data issue, please consult the Google Analytic support: https://developers.google.com/analytics/help/

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again

We are several people that have looked into this and it is something wrong how BI brings data from Events in GA

It is a very specific issue for this type of info. Other info looks ok but not this. So it is an issue how GA "gives" data or how BI "collect" data regarding Events?

Looking at Sessions, Unique Page Views etc looks reasonable ok.

Digging on to try to see if any solotion can be found.

//O

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check the data when you connect to Google Analytic in Navigator window. If the data in that Window retrieved is different from the Google Analytic, as the connector in Power BI Desktop rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API, I would suggest you contact the Google Analytic for help as I mentioned above. Thanks for your understanding.

Similar thread: Google Analytics Connection Pulling Through Incorrect Data

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.