cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devenchj Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to Find Column's Minimum value based on other columns group

Hi @v-huizhn-msft ,

I tried as suggested, but its giving similar value as row and not minimum. used all other expression suggested till now and that gives Minimum Days per Plant across (not considering CALENDAR_ID,Distributor_ID).

Change month slicer value to 491 and see in attached pbix file. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhX63mpgfjowagcrNOvuf5Srz5A

Column1 = CALCULATE ( MIN ( TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[TRANSIT_DYS] ), ALLEXCEPT ( TRANSIT_TIME_MLY, TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[PLANT_ID]),TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[MLY_CALENDAR_ID] )

Column2 = CALCULATE(MIN(TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[TRANSIT_DYS]),FILTER(TRANSIT_TIME_MLY,TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[PLANT_ID]=EARLIER(TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[PLANT_ID])))

Measure3 = MINX(FILTER(SELECTCOLUMNS(ALLSELECTED(TRANSIT_TIME_MLY),"index",TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[Index],"Min",MINX(FILTER(TRANSIT_TIME_MLY,TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[PLANT_ID]=EARLIER(TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[PLANT_ID])),TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[TRANSIT_DYS])),[index]=MAX(TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[Index])),[Min])

Image 8.png

Thanks,

Devendra

Highlighted
devenchj Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Its resolved now, I created new combined column instead, and used with all suggested  expressions and all provided solutions worked perfectly.

PlantGroup = TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[DISTRIBUTOR_ID] & "~" &TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[PLANT_ID] & "~" &TRANSIT_TIME_MLY[MLY_CALENDAR_ID]

thanks you all for your help Smiley Happy 

Image 9.pngImage 10.png

-Devendra

I am having a similar problem "EARLIER/EARLIEST refers to an earlier row..."

This is the formula I was using.

MIN Apartment Code = CALCULATE(MIN(DynamoAreas[Area]),FILTER(DynamoAreas,DynamoAreas[Apartment Code]=EARLIER(DynamoAreas[Apartment Code])))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have got a same scenario and the measure @v-huizhn-msft  provided works correctly but difficult to understand the concept behind, how do i filter out another column within the same table to get the minimum along with other filtered columns? i.e. for example first three columns are correctly filtered out with your @v-huizhn-msft  solution but I'm not sure how to filter out the last column using the same measure.

Capture3.PNG

Please advise. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 253 members 2,544 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: