Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xacalus

How to DISPLAY all data values in the charts...not count, sum...

I just want to add some charts with the value that is in the cells of the columns. For example, if i have a column with this values

I want that my chart shows those values, not the sum of them, or to count them. Is it possible?

10 REPLIES 10
Deruth58
Regular Visitor

I was having the same issue, and found a work-around that works for me.  Not sure if it will work for everyone having this issue, but it may.   See my post here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Bug-Line-Chart-Behavior-When-Plotting-Data-Instead-Seems-to...

Doug

@Deruth58

Just wanted to say, Perfectly summed up and nicely done on explaining the detail and the solution. Unfortunately I only came across this post now. It would have saved me a lot of time but I came to the exact same conclusion. And you know it is coming. But... i have an extra issue.

I have to also display the "text" labels on the graph. I have a simple example. Date value "mm dd" on x axis and need to show the actual time "hh:mm" value on the Y axis. Now before i get a lot of flack on my first post ever.. i solved the graph by calculating the time and taking it to seconds so it works the same as per your solution. (You need a decimal to summarise else you can only count values). Problem is and solution i am looking for is that how do i display the label as 17:55 and not numerical seconds calculated 456 (example figure). As the number of seconds is meaningless in this specific case.

I thought I would throw it out there. Maybe someone has a solution on DAX to keep the number value to still sum but "Cast" the label values.

Sorry for my long winded mail. Bad habit.
Open to anyone with an idea.

Thanks
Jacques
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@xacalus

You have to Select - Do Not Summarize

DoNotSum.png

I don not have that option in the drop down menu.

pic.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @xacalus,

I think that the problem is that you're trying to change the type of aggregation in the visualization.

Maybe if you change it directly in the table's field you could be able to see the "Don't summarize" option.

Try this :

dontSum.png

Let me know if it works for you.

#I'M Not An Expert#

Is very strange beacuse i don't have the option to choose, i don't know why???

You can read the option but i cannot change it, and it even says Do not Summarize. I'm lost here 😞

pic.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to change the "Data Type" into a "Whole Number". The "Default Summarization" will automatically changed to "Sum", and that should show what you are trying to achieve. It works fine for me, hope it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you select the field in the Fields pane before trying to change the "Default Summarization"?

After you click on it, the "Modeling->Properties" Pane will be enabled, like this :

dontSum (1).png

I have the same problem but this post does not fix it.

When I select the field it's default summarization is "don't summarize" and when I drag it to a the values list, it only can be count. Please advise

Are you using a Direct Query or Import?

What is the data type of the field you are trying to prevent summarization?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.