Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Create a Static Month Column with the each row corresponding to an Individual Month

i am looking to create a static table that has a month Column that has 12 rows fro the individual months, For example the first row will have a value of January, the second will be February and the 12th will be December.

it seems like something that could be done easily with DAX querries but i'm struggling to find any answers during my google search. Any help will be appreciated

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous,

If you're just looking for a simple 1-column, 12-row table, you can use Enter Data to create it yourself. If you need a date table, there's a number of ways to create one. Which do you want?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hthota
Resolver III
Resolver III

Go to Edit Queries> Enter Data.

Then enter the Month Name as you enter in Excel. If required enter Month Number as the other column statically and give the Table Name. Click Ok Latter Click on Close & Apply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Modelling -> New table then key in your table name and values:

Example:

Ex_Table = {"Jan", "Feb","Mar"}

Thanks
Raj

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous,

If you're just looking for a simple 1-column, 12-row table, you can use Enter Data to create it yourself. If you need a date table, there's a number of ways to create one. Which do you want?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect, just exactly what i need. a little bit embarrassed at how it easy it is.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.