Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bw70316
Helper V
Helper V

How to Check Relationship Accuracy

I have created some relationships with multiple tables that seems to be working correctly, but I am looking to be able to test **bleep** accuracy. Specifically, I have a sheet with expenses and a sheet with individuals that incurred the expenses. I have added an index column to each and created a one to one relationship. I have take a screenshot and added it below. For Sheet 1 I have the Sex and FY 18 has the costs, they do not overlap in any way aside from the relationship between the indeces that I created. The Screen shot on the bottom highlights the "Female" and "Male" expenses for clothing. How do I ensure these values are accurate aside from the fact the two values are equal to the total from Sheet 1. Frankly, I don't understand how the values are being created from this little information. They are not Avgs, those calculations are the uncircled ones I did via Dax. If more information is necessary, please let me know and thanks in advance for any advice. 

Relationship Index.pngRelationship Viz.png

3 REPLIES 3
Chihiro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If it's one to one relationship, you really have nothing to worry about. Unless you are relating seemingly related column without any actual relationship. But that's bit hard to test.

How is index from one table tied (related in terms of data) to the other? Is it based on dates/time period? Or some other criteria?

I have a list of individuals for placement where some leave and some enter, but mostly it stays the same. I have compiled all of these into a total sheet called "Sheet 1" (I would rename it but it's already in PBI). I have another sheet with just TOTAL COSTS per expenditure (clothing, education, etc), which is FY 18. These are connected solely through Index columns I created (see first picture). I just don't see how PBI can take things so seemingly incongruent and create a relationship with so little data. 

? I'm a bit confused now. So there is no actual relationship between two index columns (i.e. it's not primary and foreign key?).

Then relationship, really does nothing, unless you are trying to filter one table based on selection in the other table vice versa.

Ex: If you use DAX measure to calculate value on one table based on filter applied to the other table etc.

Hard to say what exactly is going on without looking at your model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.