Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aravindan93
Frequent Visitor

How to Change the cell colour if i have negative value

Capture.PNG

I need to change the colour of the cells in the coloum if the diffbwcol is negative to red if positive green

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @aravindan93,

You can set conditional formatting for DiffBwCol column. Please be aware that the column should be summarized by any of the listed aggregation function. Or it should be a measure. Otherwise, conditional formatting will not be available.

2.PNG

Here are two ways to set.

1.PNG

Another option.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

While you have the visual selected, look for your field in the 'Visualisations' pane.  It should be in the area called 'Values'.  Click on the drop arrow next to your column name and select 'Conditional Formatting' -> 'Background color scales'

From here use the tick box for "Color by rules".  Set up those 2 rules you just specified.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

While you have the visual selected, look for your field in the 'Visualisations' pane.  It should be in the area called 'Values'.  Click on the drop arrow next to your column name and select 'Conditional Formatting' -> 'Background color scales'

From here use the tick box for "Color by rules".  Set up those 2 rules you just specified.

No, I don't find it in the value and it is not a measure

I created the diffbwcol to a measure so now I am able to see the conditional formatting 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @aravindan93,

You can set conditional formatting for DiffBwCol column. Please be aware that the column should be summarized by any of the listed aggregation function. Or it should be a measure. Otherwise, conditional formatting will not be available.

2.PNG

Here are two ways to set.

1.PNG

Another option.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I had actually created a custom column that is diffbwcol=([Open]-[Close])/[Close]*100

so I am not able that summarization

so for the diffbwcol if there is neg i should change it to red if positive i should change it to greentabletableCapture2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.