cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Shelley Member

How to Change Starting Point for Line Chart

Hi All, I'm working on an expression that by default will show a YTD cumulation, but if/when a user selects years, then it will accumulate for all the years combined. I think I've got the formula working as intended; however, for the current YTD, the line chart begins at the start of the dataset and I want it to start at the beginning of this fiscal year, 10/1/19.

Here's my formula.

YTD or Cumulative Total Wins =

IF(ISFILTERED('RA_Daily_Calendar'[Fiscal_Year]),
CALCULATE([Total Wins],
FILTER(CALCULATETABLE(SUMMARIZE('RA_Daily_Calendar', 'RA_Daily_Calendar'[Fiscal_YearMonth]),
ALLSELECTED('RA_Daily_Calendar')),
ISONORAFTER('RA_Daily_Calendar'[Fiscal_YearMonth], MAX('RA_Daily_Calendar'[Fiscal_YearMonth]), DESC)
)),
(CALCULATE ([Total Wins],
FILTER (ALLSELECTED ( 'RA_Daily_Calendar' ),
AND ('RA_Daily_Calendar'[Date] <= MAX(RA_Daily_Calendar[Date]), RA_Daily_Calendar[Flag: Current Fiscal Year] = 1)
))))

When fiscal year is filtered, it displays as I desire:

CaptureCumulative.PNG

However, for the default view of current year to date, it draws like this:

CaptureCumulativeYTDwrong.PNG

Whereas, I desire this:CaptureCumulativeYTDright.PNG@Seth_C_Bauer or Mike_Carlo Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shelley Member

Re: How to Change Starting Point for Line Chart

@v-lili6-msft Lin! You are so right! I had this so it wouldn't show Blank() in another area of the report. I forgot about it. Thank you so much!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi, @Shelley 

I think if there is a conditional "+0" in the measure [Total Wins]

If so, just remove "+0" in measure [Total Wins].

If not your case, please share a simple sample pbix file.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Shelley Member

@v-lili6-msft Lin! You are so right! I had this so it wouldn't show Blank() in another area of the report. I forgot about it. Thank you so much!!!