cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Capitalize only the Initial letters in DAX

I have an Existing Column in the Model with Datatype TEXT. I need to create a Calculated Column with Intial Letter as Capital... Is that possible in DAX...? If so How to do that...?

I have row like : "JUST for An example"   ---- Need not to be only 4 words, they might be in between 1 and 6

I need the row to be look like this : "Just For An Example"... I want Intial letter of every word to be Capital....

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
pawelpo Member

Re: How to Capitalize only the Initial letters in DAX

Hi @nvpraveenyakkal,

Why not use Power Query / M to do this task? There is a quick and simple way to achieve that by using lowercase + Capitalize Each Word transformations.

capitalize.pngFormat transformations in Power Query

HTH,

Pawel

I am importing the table directly from SQL Server to SSAS Tabular model and then to Live connected Power BI so I have to Capitalise Initials in SSAS tabular model by using DAX...

Moderator Eric_Zhang

@nvpraveenyakkal wrote:

I am importing the table directly from SQL Server to SSAS Tabular model and then to Live connected Power BI so I have to Capitalise Initials in SSAS tabular model by using DAX...

@nvpraveenyakkal

AFAIK, there's no such existing function to do that in DAX. You may do the trick when importing from SQL Server via T-SQL. See some this demo and this.

Thanks... 

aznariy Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I don't think this question was answered properly according to the title of the question (in DAX, not in PowerrBi user interface). 

I am using measure and would like to capitalize the word, but UPPER function makes all the letter in the word capital.  

What is the proper way to capitalize a single word (not values in a column) using DAX language in PowerBi?