Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

panurag1

How to Auto refresh data in Power BI Desktop from SharePoint List

I have installed Power BI Desktop in my machine ..and connected my SharePoint list with it..

I have also created the Graph, Charts using  Power BI..

How Can I automate the data refresh for my dashboard chart, Graph from the SP Lists..

Any Article or Video???

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I published reports a few days ago in Power BI. My data comes from salesforce. My reports in salesforce display different results in Power BI. Every time I update the tables in PowerBI Desktop: PowerBI Desktop è Refresh è Publish, I need to update the tables for my online results to be good.

I have set up the automatic refresh (3 refresh per day) of my reports, but I notice that the data in Power BI does not change with changes in Salesforce. 

How can i do to have a same result between Salesforce en Power BI in automatic? 

Gally

I've written a post describes the use of a 3rd party tool (AxioWorks SQList) to synch the SharePoint lists with normalised SQL Azure tables which then gives you the option of direct query via SQL Azure for a more real time(ish) update.

Since SQList updates SQL Azure as soon as SharePoint changes are made it is a very nice workaround for Direct Query to the 8 updates limitation

Power BI direct query workaround for SharePoint

fbrossard
Advocate V
Advocate V

Pbi desktop is a designer, you can refresh data manualy.
If you want automatic update, you have to publish your pbix file to power bi service and then scheduled the data refresh onto your dataset properties. In your case, you have to install and configurr the Power Bi personal gateway.
Elliott
Advocate II
Advocate II

Automatic refresh is not available within Power BI Desktop

The only refresh option within BI Desktop is the manual Refresh you find in the top ribbon

Check out the following link for more information on data refresh:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/

If you require automatic refresh of your data, I would suggest publishing your report and looking into setting up a scheduled refresh.

More information on this is included in the link provided above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this error message since this morning  

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Refresh failed:

KPI RELEVE UNIQUE has failed to refresh.
Failure details:
Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: Relevé.
Next refresh for KPI RELEVE UNIQUE is scheduled for May 28, 2019 15:00 UTC.

Learn more >

Technical Information

Activity Id:
2b261fcc-b867-4630-8b88-641d31be042a

Request Id:
fd8d3991-a9d7-463b-9fac-d3bd7dc47999

Cluster Name:
WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:
May 28, 2019 11:02 UTC

Refresh End Time:
May 28, 2019 11:58 UTC

What can i do to solve? 

@Elliott how can I refresh data based on sharepoint list when  I am using alternate windows credentials to connect to sharepoint lists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.