Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Warunyak
Frequent Visitor

How to Accessing Google Adwords Campaign Via Power BI

10 REPLIES 10
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Warunyak Since there’s no built-in connector for Google Ads to PBI anymore, you will have to look for another way. As a workaround, maybe you can use a 3rd party connector, it can save you a lot of time compared to the other options. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Google Ads connector in the data sources list

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Warunyak,

The screenshot shows dimensions and metrics for the Adwords, you can select one dimension and one metric to show data, eg:  

q4.PNG

You can go through this article to know the meaning of dimensions and metrics: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets#cats=adwords

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for reply. I was try. I want to below column. Persent I'm using Google Studio for export to excel but I want to get data by connector google analytic on Power BI.

2018-08-15_10-17-21.png

Hi @Warunyak,

In Google Studio explorer, you can click on the metric or dimension to find which feature is the metric or dimension belong to, then select corresponding metric or dimension in Power BI desktop. For example, you can click on Cost metric, then it will show the Cost is belong to the Adwords. 

q2.PNGq3.PNG

In Power BI desktop, when you connect to Google Anaylytics, you can select the Cost as below: 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. I don't see date.

Hi Warunyak

I looked at getting data out of GA but it just didn't have all the KPIs I required. I got arount the problem by creating Ads Scripts in Google Ads which then expored the data into Google Sheets. From there I was able to directly bring the data into Power Bi. I scheduled the script to run every 60 days so now I have up to date information at the touch of a button.

You can read my article here: http://www.mileswoolgar.com/blog/google-ads-to-power-bi-for-free/

I hope you find this useful.

Miles

Hi, i was trying to look at your solution that you wrote about in your blog although this now (several years later) redirects to a job leads website. Beware as unfortunately this is no longer helpful. Surprised there is still no connector to get all of Adwords Metrics (Google analytics doesn't bring in all metrics such as 'conversions') into Power bi. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear, 

do you know where I should find the Conversion Rate in Google Adwords of Power Bi?

Hope to hear from you!!

Thanks!

Hi @Warunyak,

You can find date in Time feature: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets#cats=time

q9.PNG

q0.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Thank you for help. I have error some records about column cost. DataFormat.Error: We received unexpected data for a column of type 'Currency'. 

How to solve error format currency?

{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adwordsCampaignID", {"ga:adwordsCampaignID"}, {"Google Ads Campaign ID"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:date", {"ga:date"}, {"Date"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:day", {"ga:day"}, {"Day of the month"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:dayOfWeek", {"ga:dayOfWeek"}, {"Day of Week"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:dayOfWeekName", {"ga:dayOfWeekName"}, {"Day of Week Name"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:week", {"ga:week"}, {"Week of the Year"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:year", {"ga:year"}, {"Year"}},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Cost", "ga:adCost"}
        })

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.