Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dgadzinski
Helper I
Helper I

How many products does the group need to deliver

I have 2 source. The first source is Share Point and the second 4 files deliverd by Product Owners in one Table. The Excel files are provided throught Product Owners and I have to check if I received the data from the Product Owner in a month. If is in Sharepoint status "implemented" then I have to see in the excel file if it was actually delivered. 

In this case I used this measure and it is working: 

received product = 

var _version = MAX('SHP Data' [Product_Name])

var _product = SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER('SHP Data', 'SHP Data'[Status] = "Implemented"), "_product", 'SHP Data'[Product_Name])

var _product2 = SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL('Excel file'), ('Excel File'[Product_Name] = _version, "_product", 'Excel File'[Product_Name]

RETURN 

COUNTROWS(INTERSECT(_product, _product2))

Sample data and columns below:

• SharePoint:
Product_NameGroupVersionTechnologyStatus
P1Gr 101.01T1Implemented
P2Gr 101.28T2Planned
P3Gr 201.05T3Planned
P4Gr 201.12T4Implemented
P5Gr 31.0T5Implemented
P6Gr 33.1T6Implemented
P7Gr 33.07T7Decommissioned 
P8Gr 45.04T8Decommisioned
P9Gr 401.02T9Implemented
P10Gr 402.24T10Planned
P11Gr 402.10T11Planned
P12Gr 51.02T12Implemented

Excel File: 

Product_NameGroupVersionTechnology
P1Gr 101.01T1
P2Gr 101.28T2
P4Gr 201.12T4
P7Gr 33.07T7

Now I need to calculate:

How many products does the group need to deliver, and how many products have already been delivered by the group?

The results must be expressed as a percentage.

Could you help me with calculation, please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dgadzinski ,

Please create a new column:

New_version = LOOKUPVALUE('Excel file'[Version],'Excel file'[Product_Name],'SHP Data'[Product_Name])

vyadongfmsft_0-1669950266387.png

Create two measures:

Have been delivered = 
var _count = CALCULATE(COUNT('SHP Data'[Product_Name]),ALLEXCEPT('SHP Data','SHP Data'[Group]))
var _delivered = CALCULATE(COUNT('SHP Data'[Product_Name]),FILTER('SHP Data','SHP Data'[Status] = "Implemented" && NOT(ISBLANK('SHP Data'[New_version]))))
return
DIVIDE(_delivered,_count)

Need to deliver = 
var _count = CALCULATE(COUNT('SHP Data'[Product_Name]),ALLEXCEPT('SHP Data','SHP Data'[Group]))
var _delivered = CALCULATE(COUNT('SHP Data'[Product_Name]),FILTER('SHP Data','SHP Data'[Status] = "Implemented" && NOT(ISBLANK('SHP Data'[New_version]))))
return
DIVIDE(_count - _delivered,_count)

I think this is the result you want:

vyadongfmsft_1-1669950354595.png

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dgadzinski ,

Please create a new column:

New_version = LOOKUPVALUE('Excel file'[Version],'Excel file'[Product_Name],'SHP Data'[Product_Name])

vyadongfmsft_0-1669950266387.png

Create two measures:

Have been delivered = 
return
DIVIDE(_delivered,_count)

Need to deliver = 
return
DIVIDE(_count - _delivered,_count)

I think this is the result you want:

vyadongfmsft_1-1669950354595.png

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.