Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ram_DCT
Helper II
Helper II

How many app workspace can be created in a single power BI Pro license

Hi Team,

It would be great know below details as I am bit confused around the storage capacity of a single power BI Pro user;

1. As we know that power BI Pro license comes with 10 GB of data storage - How does this 10 GB is calculated -is it an aggregated value considering all the workspaces/reports/dashboards/datasets?
  2. Is there any limit to create App Workspaces? If yes, how many App Workspaces I can create?
  3. What would be the limit for each App Workspace?

Thanks, and appreciate your clarification.

Regards, 

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ram_DCT,

Yes, you can create app workspaces as far as the aggregated storage less than 10GB.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ram_DCT,

Based on the document, users with a Power BI Pro license can create app workspaces, with a maximum 10 GB of data storage each.

I'm afraid that it's hard to calculate how many workspaces you can create which depending on how much your data has been stored. The data storge of all the workspace cannot exceed 10 GB per Pro user.

Hope I explain it clear.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your explanation - Kindly help me understand it better with the below given scenario;

Let's consider I have created 5 app workspaces in my pro account- Q: Will each workspace allow me to store data [Dashboard, Reports] worth of 10 GB? OR it is only 10 GB is allowed as aggregated for all the 5 app workspaces?

Appreciate your help!!!

-Ram

I got it!

So basically, it is 10GB overall [aggregated] considering all the app workspaces - i.e. you can create app workspaces as far as the aggregated storage less than 10GB.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Ram

Hi @Ram_DCT,

Yes, you can create app workspaces as far as the aggregated storage less than 10GB.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.