Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

headesk
Frequent Visitor

How do you remove blue underline from a value in the text box?

I need to put information into a text box using a value so I can pull the correct value. However I need to remove the blue underline as it doesn't meet my works "style conventions". Does anyone know how to remove it or atleast change the colour of it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @headesk ,

It seems if you use +value from text box the underline will show. I didn't find any option to turn off it. You can create an idea for it in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

As a workaround, you can create a measure to show all these text value and put it in card visual.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

Thanks for the assistance. Turns out the Blue line doesn't show up once I publish it on the service. Unfortunately text boxes with values were broken in the service while I was testing.

The cards work around worked sufficiently until then.

Regards,

Sean

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Devender28
Advocate I
Advocate I

It wont appear once you publish the report into Service.  it just appears on Desktop.

mproz

Hey @headesk,

This may be too late, but I'm experiencing the same annoyance you are/were with not being able to remove the value underline from text boxes using smart narrative. It looks okay and can pass on digital reports, but it just looks like a design anomaly on anything printed to PDF. I do however have another workaround; which like all workarounds may not be worth it.

If you change the theme of your report, you'll see that the underline colour of your values in the textbox is Colour #1. If you can sacrifice this colour slot, and don't mind having to change the colour in your visuals each time you add one, you can assign the colour of your textbox backgrounds here. After that, all underlines will by default be coloured to your texbox background, hopefully hiding them for you wherever you need it.

I really wish they didn't add this feature, as I don't remember it being this way when Smart Narrative was first introduced.

All the best.

Thank you! I came across your reply while searching for a solution to remove the annoying blue underlines, and this seems to be apractical solution. Although it adds to the effort of changing the colours each time a new visual is created, it seems to be the only way to go at the moment.

NMil
Advocate I
Advocate I

absolute joke that every work around to card allignment has caveats such as this... What the hell are PBI team doing if basic functionality is missing like this.

headesk
Frequent Visitor

headesk_0-1624344183603.png

So "Core Network and Infrastructure" is produced from a value that I am pulling from a table and therefore automatically has the blue line.

Hi @headesk ,

It seems if you use +value from text box the underline will show. I didn't find any option to turn off it. You can create an idea for it in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

As a workaround, you can create a measure to show all these text value and put it in card visual.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Cards have some formatting limitations, i.e left alignment.

If you have the text as a measure you kan use it as a title in the text box, leaving the "body" blank.

Thanks for the assistance. Turns out the Blue line doesn't show up once I publish it on the service. Unfortunately text boxes with values were broken in the service while I was testing.

The cards work around worked sufficiently until then.

Regards,

Sean

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great find. I was bothered by the blue line as well. I think this should be the accepted answer/solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Which blue line are you talking about. Can you paste the screenshot?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.