Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zizou072
Regular Visitor

How do you insert a list menu with searchbar and filter that navigates to KPI's in a dashboard?

I have a dashboard with multiple tabs and each tab has multiple KPI's. I need to design a homepage that consists of the following things: A kind of menu list with a searchbar on top, a filter for the categories and under the filter a list of the kpi's.

Example: When i click a filter of a tab > the list shows the KPI's of that category. When i undo the filter > The list shows all the KPI's for that tab.

Another example: When i search a KPI > the list must show the KPI that i searched. When i delete my search typings > the list goes back to showing all the KPI's for that tab.

I have a screenshot of the design that i already have made. I already have the layout fixed, i only need the functionality of what i described. 

Can someone please help me? If not, can someone suggest another solution or way to have a overview page?

Kind regards,

Zizou

Screenshot:

Overview screen.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @zizou072 

If the data type of the field you are currently using is 'text',  you can try powerbi built-in slicers as menu lists.

veasonfmsft_0-1653966857421.png

You need to check the 'Search' option on the slicers.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hey  @v-easonf-msft 

Thank you for your comment. It is unfortunately not the solution i needed.

The text for the KPI's in the screenshot i provided are hyperlinks to other pages in the dashboard. How can you make multiple hyperlinks that can be filtered and seached upon?

Thank you kindly for your reaction and i hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Zinedine

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.