Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zizou072
Regular Visitor

How do you insert a list menu with searchbar and filter that navigates to KPI's in a dashboard?

I have a dashboard with multiple tabs and each tab has multiple KPI's. I need to design a homepage that consists of the following things: A kind of menu list with a searchbar on top, a filter for the categories and under the filter a list of the kpi's.

Example: When i click a filter of a tab > the list shows the KPI's of that category. When i undo the filter > The list shows all the KPI's for that tab.

Another example: When i search a KPI > the list must show the KPI that i searched. When i delete my search typings > the list goes back to showing all the KPI's for that tab.

I have a screenshot of the design that i already have made. I already have the layout fixed, i only need the functionality of what i described. 

Can someone please help me? If not, can someone suggest another solution or way to have a overview page?

Kind regards,

Zizou

Screenshot:

Overview screen.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @zizou072 

If the data type of the field you are currently using is 'text',  you can try powerbi built-in slicers as menu lists.

veasonfmsft_0-1653966857421.png

You need to check the 'Search' option on the slicers.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hey  @v-easonf-msft 

Thank you for your comment. It is unfortunately not the solution i needed.

The text for the KPI's in the screenshot i provided are hyperlinks to other pages in the dashboard. How can you make multiple hyperlinks that can be filtered and seached upon?

Thank you kindly for your reaction and i hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Zinedine

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors