Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaxPadawan
Helper III
Helper III

How do you hand off a dashboard connected to Amazon Athena to a client?

I'm developing a dashboard for a client on Power BI and their data is being connected through Amazon Athena. I just went through the lengthy (and honestly really poorly documented) process of connecting to Athena, but now I'm wondering how exactly I'm supposed to hand over everything to client once the project is done.

I had to install the ODBC driver and used the Athena 'Get Data' option to load the data. So I'm wondering, if my own machine is involved in this process somehow, what will that mean for when I hand this over to the client? Will they need to install the ODBC driver as well? I'm not really looking for instructions right now, just a general idea of what I will be doing after the development is done. 

Sorry this is my first Power BI dashboard (my first client dashboard as well), so I'm new to all this. Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DaxPadawan , First of all, check on the Power BI Service check does it require one premise gateway of simple work without that? Most of the cloud sources should work without an on-premise gateway. of it requires an on-premise gateway, the customer needs to do the same step from a machine having a gateway and then publish the file.

Hi @amitchandak , how would I go about checking if it requires an on-premise gateway? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.