Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vvanasperen
Advocate I
Advocate I

How do you display both years and months in x-axis?

Hi,

I've been trying to get this example working in Power BI. As the title says it's all about getting two (date) values in the x-axis. Is this possible and if so, how do I do it? I'm drawing a blank here. Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Vincent

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can create this in your data model.  For example you could have a new column in your date dimension that carries only the initial of the month and use that.  

However you won't see the years.  So I guess until the existing column chart is updated with more user control over the display of the axis - you could create your own custom control.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

Thanks for the tips and workarounds. I've finally added three votes to an existing idea that revolves around the same issue. And in my opinion that will be the true solution to this issue. So if your question landed you on this forum post, I suggest you do the same and vote on that idea. 😉

Vincent

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.