Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tbucki1
Frequent Visitor

How do you adjust Slicer Drop Down width once pulled down?

I have a drop down slicer that I would like to include in my dashboard and need to find a way to have the drop down width adjust to the size of the text in the drop down. I am working in a small area on my dashboard and need to have the ability to show full drop down text when expanded... See screenshot below...

Just the drop down section needs to expand, not the filter box above... All i see are the "..." after the text...

*NOTE* I do not want to increase the width of the Slicer drop down box to accomidate the length of the text below... How can I get the pull down section to expand larger?

2017-02-07_9-59-44.jpg

Here is an example of what the drop down would look like when you have text that is larger than the width of the slicer box.

2017-02-07_9-59-4.jpg

Thanks!

-Travis

6 REPLIES 6
JB1411

#unhelpfulcommenttriggerwarning
It's a great irony that the topic dropdown at the top of this chat has exactly that feature - the  list is wider than the box - but the commercial product doesn't.

powerbihelp87
Helper III
Helper III

Is this still not available 

SonamSahoo2020
Frequent Visitor

Currently, Power BI Slicer is not supporting to customize or resize the search box - dropdown panel.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tbucki1,

Currently, slicer not support this feature, you can submit this requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi Travis,

I don't think there is a setting to allow this other than making the width of the base slider visual wider.  I'm guessing you are aware of this already and keen to keep the slicer it's current width for page layout reasons.

All I can suggest is to see if the behaviour of the dropdown is the same in different browsers.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks. I figure that would be the answer.
Do you know if there is a way for me to go into the backend code and set width to 100% for the drop down section? I know Tableau has this capibility in there filters, but figuered there had to be a way in Power BI to customize this tweak on the back end somehow.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.