Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

steambucky
Helper III
Helper III

How do user a SLICER on a count?

The short question is - how would slice a count?

My company is trying to view trends in the type and amount of datasets that our customers are downloading.

We have becoming interested in customers download one file and never come back. We want to look at all of these all of these single downloads and see if there is a trend.

Ideally I would like to have slicer where we can select a range of downloads and see what

In this specific example I would like to be able to just view what the people who are downloading 1 data set ( by using a slicer but how ) and then viewing the percentage break down. In reality we would want to be able to have a range of downloads we were downloads we were slicing the data by.

slicer advice.png

Note: The supplied example is very small sample example of the amount downloads we have. The actional amount of records is 100000 plus.

Any advice is welcome.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @steambucky

Sorry for releying late, please look at my file.

calculated column

count of email address = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet2[email address]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet2,Sheet2[data download]))

select "don't summarize", instead of any aggreation.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

How would I add a count as an additional field in a slicer?

I have a map report with properties in US states.  My current slicer is STATE.

I want to add the count of properties in each STATE on my slicer for my users.  I need guidance on how to do this.

Example:

[check box]   AK  4

[check box]   AL  7

[check box]   AZ  2

[check box]   CA  9

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @steambucky

What should the " a range of downloads" be?

Look at my test, based on your screenshot, create a calculated column "data" to distinguish the data type 

1.png

data = IF(LEFT([data download],10)="data type",LEFT([data download],10),LEFT([data download],9))

Then import a customer visual "Hierarchy Slicer" from marketplace.

Add "data" and "data download" to the slicer

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hello @v-juanli-msft,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I read your answer but am unsure how to apply it to my query.  I apologise, I dont think i have supplied enough detail to my intial query. 

What I want to do slice buy the number of downloads, but I think I need to show what I am looking for visually?

Data_downloders - 1.png 

Image 1 - we have numbers of downloads and the the downloads in percentages. Some data is is more popular than others.

Data_downloders - 2.png

Image 2 - If i select all the one time downloaders i can see want they down load and can start looking for trends. What I am after is a slicer that I can select any download amount and see what that "bracket" of our downloaders. We may be interested just looking at the higgest downloaders and so on.

Because of the amount of downloaders, it just is impossible to select them invidually.

Thoughts?

Hi @steambucky

What I am after is a slicer that I can select any download amount and see what that "bracket" of our downloaders. We may be interested just looking at the highest downloaders and so on.

Do you mean add the “count of email address” column to a slicer for selecting any download amount,

Here “count of email address” is a calculated column instead of a measure.

20.png

and what do you mean by “look at the highest downloaders”?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hello Maggie @v-juanli-msft,

This is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Thanks SO much.  I still need a hand re-creating your slicer.

I have created a calculated column, but regardless of which count type or options on the values i use ( see pics below ) , I can't create a similar Slicer as the one you have made. I can only suspect i am making a simple error somewhere.

You you advise with count type and value options ( count distinct? )

Thanks so much in advance.

Calc_column.pngCalc_column_2.png

Hi @steambucky

Sorry for releying late, please look at my file.

calculated column

count of email address = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet2[email address]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet2,Sheet2[data download]))

select "don't summarize", instead of any aggreation.

Best Regards

Maggie

How would I add a count as an additional field in a slicer?

I have a map report with properties in US states.  My current slicer is STATE.

I want to add the count of properties in each STATE on my slicer for my users.  I need guidance on how to do this.

Example:

[check box]   AK  4

[check box]   AL  7

[check box]   AZ  2

[check box]   CA  9

Thanks.

Thanks so much for your help! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.