cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
StanTheMan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How do i use ALLEXCEPT but keep the pagefilters?

Hi all,

I'm working on a visual that shows the number of active orders and how many customers/clients come with these orders based on the assigned filter dates. We check the orders activity with a start and end date. As far as i'm aware you can't count values on the x and y axis at the same time so i used the following dax lines to create the visual shown below:

tmp_OrdersPerClient =
CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT(dim_order[ordernumber]);
ALLEXCEPT(dim_order;dim_order[clientnumber])
)

The problem with this dax formula is that my page filters/slicers don't apply on the visual, does anyone know how to achieve this?
Screenshot.PNG
I'm curious and looking forward to your sollutions!

Thanks in advance!
Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: How do i use ALLEXCEPT but keep the pagefilters?

Hi,

The problem is not solved yet, but i did found a work around for my issue. Here's what i figured out on this specific problem:
The solution i came up with works by using a measure and some variables, but i can't drop a measure on a visual x-axis wich is needed to get the right visual. So i tried using a calculated column, but due to it being a static field, this won't work either. 

In the end we created a new table with ssms, it's not perfect but it works for now.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi, @StanTheMan 

Sample data would help tremendously.

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

And if you had a issue like this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Make-measure-ignore-specific-filter/td-p/336870

if not please share a simple sample pbix file and your expected output.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

The problem is not solved yet, but i did found a work around for my issue. Here's what i figured out on this specific problem:
The solution i came up with works by using a measure and some variables, but i can't drop a measure on a visual x-axis wich is needed to get the right visual. So i tried using a calculated column, but due to it being a static field, this won't work either. 

In the end we created a new table with ssms, it's not perfect but it works for now.