Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin_xlsior
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How do Power BI assigned color ?

Hello guys,

Want to know how exactly Power BI assigned Color to visual like Pie chart and Bar chart.

Especially for pie chart, depicted in the picture :

admin_xlsior_0-1605062893134.png

When customize current theme, I noticed I have that color scheme which put as Color 1, 2, 3 up to 8

But when add Pie chart, based on the value of my measure, big to small value, it will not start with Color 1, instead Power BI pick different color for each of the same visual type. If you see in the pict, Pie 1 start with Color 5 in my Theme setting, and Pie 2 start with Color 3. Only order #3 same even so it will sync to what define in my Theme.

Also when it incidently have same value, like the 2nd Pie no 4, how actually Power BI will decide the chosen color.

Is there any logic, or Power BI can randomly choose any color from my Theme ?

Another is if for Bar char, it will choose my Color 1 (which actually what I expected)

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior ,

We have a test, the maximum value corresponds to color 1, the second largest value corresponds to color 2, like this following screenshot.

how1.jpg

And if we use two measures, the result is the same as before.

how2.jpg

And you can refer this article to see the custom theme.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/customize-current-theme-from-power-bi-desktop-without-using-js...

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide more detail about your issue? Could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior ,

We have a test, the maximum value corresponds to color 1, the second largest value corresponds to color 2, like this following screenshot.

how1.jpg

And if we use two measures, the result is the same as before.

how2.jpg

And you can refer this article to see the custom theme.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/customize-current-theme-from-power-bi-desktop-without-using-js...

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide more detail about your issue? Could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@admin_xlsior , is the first case happening after a filter has been applied or when you drill down.

If not, then log and issue at https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.