Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joglidden
Advocate III
Advocate III

How do I use a measure in visual filter? Is this possible?

I can't believe I'm the first person asking this, but I failed to find a satisfactory answer through search...

Why can I not drag and drop a measure into a visual filter field? This just seems SO obvious...

The only thing that I can make work is to type in a value (e.g. 3). What am I missing?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@joglidden

In Power BI Desktop, it's only supported to apply a range in filter for a numeric field (like measures). Only for text /date field, it will generate a list of containing values. So for your requirement, I suggest you use a calculated column instead of measure to populate values. Then changet the data type into "Text" under "Modeling" tab. 

Capture33.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@joglidden That is not possible currently. Fields are quite static and so requires manual input. You can submit that as an idea and i will vote for it as well but unfortunately filters don't support that yet.

Thanks for the response. I'll submit this as an idea and find another way to attack this problem.

@joglidden

In Power BI Desktop, it's only supported to apply a range in filter for a numeric field (like measures). Only for text /date field, it will generate a list of containing values. So for your requirement, I suggest you use a calculated column instead of measure to populate values. Then changet the data type into "Text" under "Modeling" tab. 

Capture33.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.