Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emmetk
Frequent Visitor

How do I use Presentation Mode?

From what I've read online here, Presenation Mode is available on Desktop with Windows. While it seems to focus on using with Surface Hub, it notes that it is not a requirement. Yet, I can't figure out how to enable this view nor find additional documentation online.

How do I enable Presenation Mode?

Similarly, is Presentation Mode available in the Service on desktop? I haven't seen any documentation on this other than using the mobile app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So this is a little confusing, but there are actually 2 "Power BI" apps in the Windows store. 

1. Power BI Desktop

2. Microsoft Power BI

And the presentation mode is available in the second one. I think this second one is basically a Windows 10 port of the mobile app. It appears to be an app designed for people that just want to view reports, not author them. With this app I think you can either view reports from an on premise PBI Report Server or reports that are stored on PowerBI.com.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So this is a little confusing, but there are actually 2 "Power BI" apps in the Windows store. 

1. Power BI Desktop

2. Microsoft Power BI

And the presentation mode is available in the second one. I think this second one is basically a Windows 10 port of the mobile app. It appears to be an app designed for people that just want to view reports, not author them. With this app I think you can either view reports from an on premise PBI Report Server or reports that are stored on PowerBI.com.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.