Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ib16098
Regular Visitor

How do I transfer my Power Bi project I made on PC to my online Microsoft account?

So, I saved my project on my PC, but I need to present it and I won't have an access to my computer. I imagined that once you do Publish to Power Bi the project automatically uploads also on my online Power Bi account, but I didn't find any reports there and also didn't find a way to upload the file from PC. Can anybody assist?

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @ib16098 

I'm a little confused by your description.

I suggest that you can  refer to this article  Publish from Power BI Desktop firstly.

Then please check you  license of powerbi . If your are free user,you can only  published to "my workspace".

If you are pro license , I suggest that you can  refer to this article  Publish from Power BI Desktop firstly.

After you publish you report to service , you can find and edit your report in "Report" under corresponding workspace.

If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your Screenshot  and  expected result if there is no  any Confidential Information.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ib16098
Regular Visitor

I found the project in the settings where I personal archive is seated, but I couldn't open the file.

@ib16098 ,

What kind of error are you getting while opening that Archive?

If you have published your report on PBI service (app.power.com) so from File option you can download PBIX file.

Please don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.