Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpancratz
Frequent Visitor

How do I stop Running Total Quick Measure from continuing to display beyond values entered

I was able to create a quick measure for running total (great new feature!), but my line chart for this running total measure continues beyond the values entered. 

Quck Measure is a running total of Pre-Confernece registration by weeks out from our conference. 

DAX:

2017 Pre-Con Total (by Weeks Out) =
CALCULATE(
[Pre-Con Active Total],
FILTER(
ALLSELECTED('Reference'[Weeks Out]),
ISONORAFTER('Reference'[Weeks Out], MAX('Reference'[Weeks Out]), DESC)
)
)

[Pre-Con Active Total] = Count of Pre-Con registrations with blanks filtered out

'Reference'[Weeks Out] = Reference column to use as X-Axis in charts. Relationship between registration date and this column allows me to compare YoY numbers by Weeks out from the conference. 

My problem is that my line chart continues beyond our current weeks out (12) to 0 weeks out with a continuous line. Is there any way to edit my running total so that only values on or before today are shown in the line chart? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpancratz,

As MattAllington said, you can add a condition to check if the week number is less than current week number.

Sample:

CALCULATE(
[Pre-Con Active Total],
FILTER(
ISONORAFTER('Reference'[Weeks Out], MAX('Reference'[Weeks Out]), DESC)&&'Reference'[Weeks Out]<= MAX('Reference'[Weeks Out])
)
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpancratz,

As MattAllington said, you can add a condition to check if the week number is less than current week number.

Sample:

CALCULATE(
[Pre-Con Active Total],
FILTER(
ISONORAFTER('Reference'[Weeks Out], MAX('Reference'[Weeks Out]), DESC)&&'Reference'[Weeks Out]<= MAX('Reference'[Weeks Out])
)
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Einer load your calendar table up to he current week, or use an if statement to check if the current week has a value, and return blank if it doesn't. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.