Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cpunnett
Helper II
Helper II

How do I stay logged into powered desktop, I'm tired of logging in everytime I open a new one.

How do I stay logged into powered desktop, I'm tired of logging in everytime I open a new one.

12 REPLIES 12
YvanTCHOUDIE

Hello. I'm having the same issue

AVGUser_PBI
Frequent Visitor

I am facing this issue. its intermittent, sometimes when I open a .pbix file, I have to sign in. Is there any insight on this?

Luap2010
Regular Visitor

Since updating to Version: 2.90.782.0 64-bit (February 2021) I now need to log in each time I open a new .pbix file. I did not have this problem on the previous version. Very frustrating as I use Power BI Desktop every day with multiple .pbix files.

rjhartop
Helper II
Helper II

Still experiencing this issue

c_murray
Frequent Visitor

Experiencing the exact same issue. 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cpunnett,

Actually, you only need to type your account and password at the first time you log in Power BI desktop. When you launch desktop later, desktop will store the account you logged in last time by default. 

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have to log in every time I open a new desktop, even when I have one open and logged in already.

Hi @cpunnett,

I noticed that this issue existed in Jan 2017 release. What is your desktop version? Please update your desktop to the latest release for a test.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is up to date.  Not sure why it does this, but it's really annoying.

Hi @cpunnett,

I didn't encounter this problem in my desktop version (August 2017 release). Would you please try to enable the save credential option when you typed in your name and password?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

I would love to turn that option on, but can't find it.  Where is it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

same issue, with latest updates.

even if I am logged in on one instance, opening a second report required another login .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.