Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

huonghill
Employee
Employee

How do I show mixed data types in a column

Hi, 

In the SharePoint data source, business has mixed data types Percentage, and Whole Number.  When the data is brought into SQL Server, data type is converted to decimal. 

huonghill_2-1603136302219.png

My goal is to show the data in PowerBI as it is shown in SharePoint. I tried Format() to format datat type, but it came out as "25%, 100%, 300%". That is not the result I want. Can someone please tell me what I should do in this situation? 

Thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Power BI is a database - it requires all data in a column to be the same data type. You could use FORMAT to change the visual display, but you will need to share more details about your data model, table structure and visualisation needs if you want some help doing this. 

or you could just load the data as text (which is probably what SharePoint is doing). 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Power BI is a database - it requires all data in a column to be the same data type. You could use FORMAT to change the visual display, but you will need to share more details about your data model, table structure and visualisation needs if you want some help doing this. 

or you could just load the data as text (which is probably what SharePoint is doing). 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.