cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T_von_Axt
Frequent Visitor

How do I show a value from a column based on the value of the slicer?

Hello,

I am currently having issues with a specific use-case where I need to get both date values from a date slicer and then use it in a formula:

T_von_Axt_0-1637576240250.png

This slicer uses data from a single column called Document Date

This is what my slicer looks like.

What I want is to check if a document was received in a period that refers to the end date of that slicer, minus 12 months, and put the order value of the document in a column. If the document was not received in the said period, the column will have a value of 0.

In my previous post, someone helped me with a measure that can show the number of documents, but for some reason, the same logic doesn't work to show display the order value of a specific document.

The order values of all documents are stored in a column called order value.

My intention is something like this (take as the selected period from 03.2019 until 12.2020:

Document ID  Date  Order Value  Order Value in the Quotation Period  
A  2019-03-01  1000  0
B  2019-04-01  2000  0
C  2019-07-01  1500  0
D  2019-07-01  3000  0
E  2020-04-01  1300  1300
F  2020-12-01  4000  4000

Because the only two documents that are inside the "Quotation Period" are E and F (12.2020 - 12 months), I want them to be the only one that show their order value in the last columns.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: minor fix in the table of the example.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@T_von_Axt , If you want to create a column based on slicer value, that is not possible. Slicer can not filter columns

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@T_von_Axt , If you want to create a column based on slicer value, that is not possible. Slicer can not filter columns

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!