Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BigTommy
Helper I
Helper I

How do I show CERTAIN values in power bi

Hey Power Team!

I want show in table just certain values. Basically I have one table which shoing negative and positive values and want to split this between 2 tables which one will show only negative anbd secon only positive values. 

See below

item numberItem name% varianceEur variance
1test 1-0.3%-100
2test 2+2%200
3test 3+1.1%150
1test 1-0.208%-123

and I want to tables which will show:

Table 1 (NEGATIVE)

1test 1-0.3%-100
1test 1-0.208%-123

Table 2 (POSITIVE)

2test 2+2%200
3test 3+1.1%150

please help

Big T

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

On your report page in the Filters panel, when your table visual is selected, you should see the option to add a Filter to one of your measures.  Just set it to greater than 0 (for the positive table) and "Apply Filter".  Duplicate the table (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) and filter the new one for <0 (negative).

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

@BigTommy ,
If you need to create 2 visualizations (tables) - one showing positive values, second showing negative values, use @mahoneypat 's approach.
If you need to create separate tables (not visualization, but for modelling), you can used Dax for creating dynamic tables.
Formula: 

TableNegative = FILTER('Table',[variance]<0)
* [variance] is a measure

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

On your report page in the Filters panel, when your table visual is selected, you should see the option to add a Filter to one of your measures.  Just set it to greater than 0 (for the positive table) and "Apply Filter".  Duplicate the table (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) and filter the new one for <0 (negative).

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

this is genius! 

simple!

Thank you!

@BigTommy ,
If you need to create 2 visualizations (tables) - one showing positive values, second showing negative values, use @mahoneypat 's approach.
If you need to create separate tables (not visualization, but for modelling), you can used Dax for creating dynamic tables.
Formula: 

TableNegative = FILTER('Table',[variance]<0)
* [variance] is a measure

thank you very much! Both sollutions are great and can be used in diferent situations!

thanks!!

@BigTommy , I’m glad it worked out!

nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @BigTommy ,
In Power Query you can make 2 new tables making reference to existing table. Right click on table and choose reference.
And in each of these 2 new tables add filter on variance column (first table filtering variance > 0, second table filtering variance < 0).
You can also make 2 new tables using Dax: 

PositiveValues = FILTER('Table','Table'[% variance]>0)
NegativeValues = FILTER('Table','Table'[% variance]<0)
Cheers,
Nemanja

Thank you for quick response!

Forgot to mention thet the % variance and euro variance is a measure. 

when I try use your method I have comment 

"The expression refers to multiple columns. Multiple columns cannot be converted to a scalar value"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.