Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I set certain conditions for Card visuals?

Sorry if I haven't asked the question in the best possible format, but it's quite difficult to explain. But I've got images to help explain my problem. Currently I've got a drilldown page that shows a number of tickets per organisation. This is what it usually shows below: 

KyleAdam_1-1612818466552.png

It currently shows displays the number of open tickets that are available for each Organization that I have. However, some Organizations have 1 ticket, or 0 tickets. And I want it to be formatted appropriately when a ticket is 1 or 0. So that it says "1 Open Ticket" instead of "1 Open Tickets", or if there are no open tickets, I want it to say that instead of "blank open tickets". How would I format that correctly? I'm assuming there must be a way to set such conditions but I can't find any in the filter/visualisation tools. 

So basically, I want to avoid the tickets from looking like this below:

KyleAdam_2-1612818632378.png

KyleAdam_3-1612818666830.png

Any help would be appreciated in how to rectify this problem. I'm assuming a function will have to be made? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Download sample PBIX file with code/visuals shown below

What code are you using to create the current card visual?

Looking at your screenshots the Status column is text so presumaby this contains things like "Open" and "Closed" ?

OK so we don't know how you are calculating the number of open tickets but I'm guessing it will be something like this

Open Tickets = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(RequestDetails), FILTER('RequestDetails', 'RequestDetails'[Status] = "Open"))

which returns a number.

I'm assuming that in the images above the text Open Tickets is the Category Label for the card?  In which case you need to turn this off so the card just displays a number

catlab.png

Now we can alter the Open Tickets measure to account for 0/Blank, 1 or more than 1 open tickets.

Open Tickets = 

VAR _OpenTickets = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(RequestDetails), FILTER('RequestDetails', 'RequestDetails'[Status] = "Open"))

RETURN

SWITCH(

TRUE(),

_OpenTickets = 0, "No Open Tickets",

_OpenTickets = 1, "1 " & UNICHAR(00010) & "Open Ticket",

_OpenTickets  & UNICHAR(00010) & " Open Tickets"

)

not.png

1t.png

2t.png

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Download sample PBIX file with code/visuals shown below

What code are you using to create the current card visual?

Looking at your screenshots the Status column is text so presumaby this contains things like "Open" and "Closed" ?

OK so we don't know how you are calculating the number of open tickets but I'm guessing it will be something like this

Open Tickets = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(RequestDetails), FILTER('RequestDetails', 'RequestDetails'[Status] = "Open"))

which returns a number.

I'm assuming that in the images above the text Open Tickets is the Category Label for the card?  In which case you need to turn this off so the card just displays a number

catlab.png

Now we can alter the Open Tickets measure to account for 0/Blank, 1 or more than 1 open tickets.

Open Tickets = 

VAR _OpenTickets = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(RequestDetails), FILTER('RequestDetails', 'RequestDetails'[Status] = "Open"))

RETURN

SWITCH(

TRUE(),

_OpenTickets = 0, "No Open Tickets",

_OpenTickets = 1, "1 " & UNICHAR(00010) & "Open Ticket",

_OpenTickets  & UNICHAR(00010) & " Open Tickets"

)

not.png

1t.png

2t.png

Regards

Phil

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PhilipTreacy Big thank you that worked, I think it was because I had label turned on. My mistake. 

Can I ask just one quick question though? Other then "Open" I have two other values that go into the "Open" count. "Waiting on Customer" and "Waiting on Vendor" how do I put that into the Open count in that code? I've just tried adding it in but the Visual refuses to appear. 

No worries @Anonymous 

To include other Status as Open change the FILTER in the VAR line to this

VAR _OpenTickets = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(RequestDetails), FILTER('RequestDetails', 'RequestDetails'[Status] IN {"Open", "Waiting on Customer", "Waiting on Vendor"}))

Regards

Phil

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much Phil, very helpful!

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use the following meausre :

Open Tickets = var vTickets = SUM(RequestDetails[Status])+0

Return IF(OR(vTickets<=1, ISBLANK(vTickets)), vTickets & " Open Ticket", vTickets & " Open Tickets")

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-deddai1-msft appreciate the reply. 

I've just implemented this measure, I've caleld it (TicketMeasure), however, when I put it into the fields the visual doesn't work. I'll show you below.

KyleAdam_0-1612962961292.png

In status I do already have some filters that only count a number of "open" tickets, maybe that could be interfering? But I'm not sure. 

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Try something like this

Open Tickets = var vTickets = [YourTicketsMeasure]

Return IF(OR(vTickets<=1, ISBLANK(vTickets)), vTickets & " Open Ticket", vTickets & " Open Tickets")

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the response. For some reason the new measure I'm creating for this isn't working, it can't pick up the Open Ticket which is filtered by "Status" column. 

KyleAdam_0-1612826799404.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.