Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

UsePowerBI
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How do I replace non-null values in a Merged Queries table?

Hello

How do I replace non-null values in a Merged Queries table?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, you could add an additional conditional column, then populate that based on your values being not null. (enter the word null in the condition).  Then drop the original column and rename your new one. 

the line of powerquery that gets created is like this: 

= Table.AddColumn(#"Previous Step Name", "New Column Name", each if [Old Column Name] <> null then "X" else null)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@UsePowerBI ,

In query editor, click transform-> replace values as below:

1.PNG2.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I want to replace NON-NULL values with X, how do I represent NON-NULL VALUES in that replace form?

I cannot enter every single value of the column there individually as they are hundreds.

I want to leave NULL values as they are.

Can I use a wildcard or something to represent the NON-NULL values?

@UsePowerBI ,

Could you please clairfy why you need to replace all the non-null value with null?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

hi, you could add an additional conditional column, then populate that based on your values being not null. (enter the word null in the condition).  Then drop the original column and rename your new one. 

the line of powerquery that gets created is like this: 

= Table.AddColumn(#"Previous Step Name", "New Column Name", each if [Old Column Name] <> null then "X" else null)

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @UsePowerBI 

In Power Query:

Select the column to have values replaced > Go to Transform tab > Select Replace Values > Choose value to be replaced and the required new value.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

I think you'll have to expand your question a little so we can understand the issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.