Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vozniak
Helper I
Helper I

How do I remove all Rows with value of N/A from a data table?

I have a table that contains employee time information by project, however, anyplace there is no project assigned, finance puts N/A so even when I filter out the N/A I still get an error message: [DataFormat.Error] Invalid cell value '#N/A'.

How do I delete all the rows with N/A? I don't need them and I don't want them but they are causing issues in my report.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vozniak 

Are you using excel as datasource? Sometime in excel in formulas you have value "#N/A" and that could be the root cause for this. You need to replace that value using query editor with "null" or space and I guess that will do it.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

vozniak
Helper I
Helper I

Unnfortuately, even when I filter out the N/A and #N/A there is still an error message showing.

I'd need more detail and some sample data to figure this out.

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x
KNP
Super User
Super User

Filter the rows in PowerQuery to exclude anything "N/A". Although, interestingly, you mentioned "#N/A" also.

If it is not consistent, you could exclude anything that contains "N/A".

Please post some sample data if this doesn't solve your problem.

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.