cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

How do I know when a relationship is one to many or many to many in the Power BI Designer?

Is there an easy way to know on the Manage Relationships dialog box if the detected or existing relationships are one to many, many to many etc?

Data for Everyone! We mean it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I know when a relationship is one to many or many to many in the Power BI Designer?

Go in Manage Relationships, Edit Relationship, Advanced Options, and see "Cross Filter Direction. You do not have "many-to-many", but you enable cross filter in both directions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I know when a relationship is one to many or many to many in the Power BI Designer?

Go in Manage Relationships, Edit Relationship, Advanced Options, and see "Cross Filter Direction. You do not have "many-to-many", but you enable cross filter in both directions.

View solution in original post

andre Power Participant
Power Participant

It’s also worth noting that by default, Cardinality is set to Many-to-One and the Cross Filter Direction is set to Both which actually has caused some issues with some users who don’t understand the difference between “Single” and “Both”.

I am wondering if “Single” would have been a better choice.

AlongTheseLines Advocate I
Advocate I

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to set the default.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors