Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

steen_p
Helper II
Helper II

How do I insert a screen dump into a message in the forum?

Hi, This might be a bit off-topic, but how do I insert a screen dump/file into a message here in the forum? I think I recall that I once had a kind of a tool bar where I could insert a file etc., but I don't seems to have this any longer. I assume that there are something I'm overlooking somewhere, but I simply can't figure out how I can e.b. inert a screen dump? /Steen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, a little additional update.

It seems like it might have something to do with the little "icon" in the lower right hand corner of the text box -

steen_p_0-1600157277268.png

I don't know what this is supposed to do, but suddenly mu toolbar was gone again, and then I tried to double-click when I got the little double-arrow when hovering over the icon. Apparently that made to toolbar to appear. It doesn't seems to work the other way around though, so I can remove the toolbar when clicking on the icon so right now I can't really test if this is the simple solution. But maybe someone knows that the purpose is of this little icon/feature?

/Steen

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@steen_p You can simply copy and paste in the window. It will be done

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Yes, I can past in text, but nothing else :-(.

Hi @steen_p ,
When you do a screenshot then paste it directly to the editor, what happens?
Pic below is a sample screenshot I pasted using the the above method.
danextian_0-1599822950803.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

@danextian, Nothing happens when I try to paste in a screen dump. It's only text I can paste in, nothing else.

Hi @steen_p ,

What browser do you use? Please try to change the browser and try again.

Or you can check whether you have a toolbar at the bottom of this document.

It may be that you are not logged in, check whether it shows Sign in or your avatar in the upper right corner.

v-zhenbw-msft_0-1600053157207.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhenbw-msft I have tried both in Chrome and in IE, but it's the same problem. I simply don't have the toolbar. I only have the Subject and Body box , a "preview" link in the right hand side above the Body and then a box below with the "Hint: @ links to members, content" text, but no toolbar anywhere. I have also been through my profil settings to see if there could be a place where I could have turned it off, but so far without any luck :-(. /Steen

Hi @steen_p ,

It is really weird.

Please try again with edge browser.

If it doesn’t work, please use the InPrivate mode and clear browser data like this, and try again using edge browser.

how1.jpg

Please ask your colleagues, do they have this issue too?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-zhenbw-msft

Ok - now I might have solved the problem.
Trying with another browser (both IE and Edge) didn't helped or made any difference. I have also in the past tried with different browser and both on my workstation as well as some of the servers we are using, so I had more or less ruled out that it was a local browser or cache issue.

One of my collegues have the same problem, so I started to suspect it was something on our network that blocked something. I then tried with my private Macbook on my own network, and at first that didn't work either. But then I clicked a little bit around on the community site while being in a "new" message window and then suddenly the toolbar appearred. I then went back to my company laptop and tried to create a new message and now the toolbar was there. At least that was what I thought, because it was only when creating a new message it appered. When replying to a message, it was still missing. I then went into IE to test it and that was the same issue. I then tried to clear all cache etc. in IE and then it worked in IE - and going back to Chrome, it now also works here.

So long story short, I think it works now, but I'm not quite sure what the problem was. It seems like it was something on my profile and not only a local issue, but still it apparently had some relation to local cache 🤔

Ok, a little additional update.

It seems like it might have something to do with the little "icon" in the lower right hand corner of the text box -

steen_p_0-1600157277268.png

I don't know what this is supposed to do, but suddenly mu toolbar was gone again, and then I tried to double-click when I got the little double-arrow when hovering over the icon. Apparently that made to toolbar to appear. It doesn't seems to work the other way around though, so I can remove the toolbar when clicking on the icon so right now I can't really test if this is the simple solution. But maybe someone knows that the purpose is of this little icon/feature?

/Steen

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@steen_p , not sure I got it. Usually, you can share images, there is an option on the toolbox of text area. Or you can upload to one drive or drop box and share link in post

where should I see that toolbox you mean? I just just have the "Subject" and "Body" where I can text, bit nothing else. No toolbars or anything.

@steen_p ,

Are you not getting this Formatting toolbar in your message box? I am attaching screen shot below.

YOu can also share one drive  etc. link where your have screen shot or data files.

Capture.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

No, that's the toolbar I'm missing. I've also tried to see if there are a setting where I could have turned it off, but haven't found it :-(. It seems to be the same using different clients and browsers, so I think it might be something on my profile that for some reason doesn't show the toolbar, rather than it's something in the webbrowser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.