Occasional Visitor

How do I have multiple date formats on an X axis?

Hi,

I'm attempting to mimic a graph I modeled in Excel by using a column that had multiple date formats. Some dates were in "Mmm YYYY" format and others were in MM/DD/YYYY format. This purpose was to show weekly data, and then as the months passed it would convert the weekly data to show as monthly (see snapshot of graph below for clarification).

Capture.PNG

I assumed that if the field was set to "text" it would automatically read the column for its values like the above Excel graph does, but instead PBI immediately converted al data in this column to MM/DD/YYYY.

My question is this: How can I have multiple date formats on my x axis? OR how do I get PBI to read the values of the column without converting it to a date format like Excel does?

Thanks for your help!

Super User

Re: How do I have multiple date formats on an X axis?

Hi,

You cannot have multiple date formats on the X-axis.

Established Member

Hi @Spagh

Can you share some sample data?

Highlighted
Community Support Team

Hi @Spagh,

It is not possible to show dates in multiple date formats on X-axis. To show dates like above image, you could set the data type of date field to "Text" after importing into desktop.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Established Member

You can open Power Query Editor, find the column and then change the type to Text.

2018-11-22_15-23-15.png