cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
anioko1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How do I get the total number(count) of a row?

I am trying to learn Power BI and I have a dataset that has more than 5 million rows. I've used the date type to filter things to start from a certain date until a certain date. How do I determine the number of rows that I have without waiting for Power BI to load them? 

Manually it takes forever to get the number of rows. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How do I get the total number(count) of a row?

Your question is not clear to me: Which function are you using that you are requested to give a number of rows?

If I wanted to filter a table from Date A to Date B, I'd check the date column and choose the filters there.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

3 REPLIES 3
ashishrj Senior Member

You can use Countrows DAX function as given here

Super User
Super User

Your question is not clear to me: Which function are you using that you are requested to give a number of rows?

If I wanted to filter a table from Date A to Date B, I'd check the date column and choose the filters there.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

GabrielPinzon New Member

The best option is to create a new column that has the index starting at 1, and from this way the number of that index is the number of the record or row.